Ingeborg Ribsskog - Baron Adeler Malteserordenen E-post til slottet om Mette-Marit videoen Er noe galt i Martine-saken? Problemer med Grandiosa? johncons-MUSIKK johncons-REISE johncons-FOTBALL

tirsdag 1. januar 2008

Products in Iceland-shops.

I'm a bit worried about some of the food that's being sold in the Iceland-shops in Britain.

I've been shoping at the Iceland-shop in Liverpool, close to Williamson Sq.

But there are two or three products I think seem a bit 'bogus' or what the right word is.

Eg. the spread I bought yesterday.

It's not really spread maybe, but it's to eat on sandwiches etc.

Beef trimmings.

I'm going to have a look in the fridge, about what it says on the package again:

500 g. beef trimmings, for the price of £1.75.

It doesn't really look like the roastbeef stuff, but this is cooked meat, roastbeef is more raw meat I guess.

It has got a lot of black pepper and salt etc. on it.

We don't eat that much beef in Norway, since it's very expensive so I'm not that expert on this type of spread.

But I used to work at a shop called OBS Triaden, in Lørenskog, right outside Oslo, in the meat/fish-department, on Saturdays, for some months before I had to start my army-service.

And then we sold different types of sliced meat.

And it was a big store, with a well assorted meat and fish department.

We had maybe twenty or thirthy types of sliced meat, and I seem to remember that I used to slice the meat-rolls myself there, after I had worked in that department for a while.

(I was really working in the check-out department, but I thought it was fun to work in the other departments also, if they where short of staff in the other departments).

But I can't remember that any of the meat-trimmings from the meat-rolls we were slicing there, looked anything like the Iceland Cooked Meat Deal Beef, that I bought yesterday.

It doesn't from which country the meat is, but it's from a supplier called Hurstwood Int., CH45 0JZ, and it says UK and EEC on the label.

But we haven't got that many types of sliced beef in Norway, due to the high prices, it's mostly roastbeef and cooked beef.

But I think this spread or sliced meat looked a bit suspicious.

But I can't say for sure if it's anything wrong, and I don't want to have a lot of law-suits, so I'll just say that I have the jury out for this beef trimmings product.

Also, from before, I've been a bit suspicious about the Iceland Chicken.

There are two products I think maybe could seem a bit bogus.

It's the frozen chickenbreast-filets.

4 filets for one pound.

The are in three different seasonings, something like 'southern fried barbeque', 'chilli' and 'garlic'.

Something like this, I don't remember exactly.

And it says on the package, that the chicken-filets, orginate from Thailand or Brazil I think.

But if one eat that chicken meat, then I don't really think it tastes like chicken or looks like chicken or feels like chicken.

But it could of course be due to that they feed the chickens other types of food in Thailand and Brazil.

There is also a chilled chicken product, that they sell there.

It's very inexpensive, and it's, (supposed to be), grilled and cut-up chicken-meat.

Like in boxes of about 250 g. I think.

And with different seasoning, so that the meat is a bit redish in one type of packs, and white in another and so on.

And they only cost something like £1.50, or something like this.

They are so inexpensive, that I got a bit suspicious about them.

And when one look at the meet, then I'm not sure if I think it really looks like chicken.

But it could of course be the problem with the chickens in some countries being fed different types of food.

Or it could of course be me who needs to buy a new pair of glasses.

But I must admit that I am a bit suspicious to these food-products I've been mentioning now at Iceland, but it could of course be me is used to Norwegian products and prices.

That they have other types of meat in the other countries, that I'm not used to from seeing when I was working for all those years in the food-shops in Norway, so I think I must say that this probably is the reason that I'm a bit suspicious to these products.

But I don't want to say anything certain about this, since I'm not that used to the British food-stores and food-products yet.

But I think that if one are a bit suspicious, then it's alright to write about this.

Since I think this must be protected by the freedom of speech etc.

Because I want to underline that I'm not actually saying that there is something wrong with these products, I'm just saying that I'm a bit suspicious, that's all.

And I think that should be ok to write, since I think it should be protected by the freedom of speech etc.

So I hope I haven't misunderstood about this, and that it's alright to write this.

Bloggarkiv

Populære innlegg

Om meg

Bildet mitt
Overhørte på Rimi Bjørndal, (jeg jobbet som butikksjef/leder i ti år, i mange forskjellige butikker), i 2003, at jeg var forfulgt av 'mafian', mm. Har etter dette ikke fått rettighetene mine, i mange saker. Blogger derfor om problemer med å få rettigheter, mm. Mine memoarer, (Min Bok 1-10), kan også finnes på johncons-blogg, (se: 'Etiketter'). Jeg blogger også om slektsforskning, (etter at min danskfødte mormor, som var etter adelige/kongelige, døde i 2009). Har også vært såvidt innom Høyre/Unge Høyre, i sin tid. Har også studert informasjonsbehandling/IT/Computing, (på NHI, HiO IU og University of Sunderland). Har også bakgrunn fra handel og kontor, (grunnkurs, økonomi med markedsføring og data). Er/var også i Heimevernet, (etter at jeg ble overført dit, etter førstegangstjeneste i infanteriet, (og en rep-øvelse i mob-hæren), i forbindelse med omorganiseringer, i Forsvaret, etter den kalde krigen). Blir også utsatt for mye nettmobbing, mm. johncons-blogg, (og mine memoarer og nettbutikk), er kjent fra TV-programmet Tweet4Tweet, i 2012, (selv om jeg måtte klage, for programmet var veldig useriøst/nedlatende, mm.).

Totalt antall sidevisninger

Etiketter