Ingeborg Ribsskog - Baron Adeler Malteserordenen E-post til slottet om Mette-Marit videoen Er noe galt i Martine-saken? Problemer med Grandiosa? johncons-MUSIKK johncons-REISE johncons-FOTBALL

torsdag 8. november 2007

Resolution form


Part 1:


Mr. Nick Laird

EAD Solicitors

Prospect House

Colombus Quay

Liverpool

L3 4DB


Solicitors reference: I called your office last week (4/7), and was informed that you

were the person in the company that dealt with complaints.


My name:


Mr. Erik Ribsskog

Flat 3

5 Leather Lane

Liverpool

L2 2AE


Phone-number: 0151 236 3298.

Mobile: 0775 834 9954.



Part 2:


The person dealing with my case is or was:


I wasn't given the name of the Duty Solicitor that was supposed to meet me at the

Citizens Advice Bureau.


The person from your company that I spoke with on the phone was Mr. Michael Reiner.



My complaint is:


1. I think that the EAD, when they cancelled the Duty Solicitors meeting at the

CAB (Dale Street, Liverpool), on 5/4/07, should have taken the initative to set

up a new meeting with me, to replace the meeting that had been canceled.


They didn't want to set up a new meeting, even if I asked them about the

possiblity of them doing this, when I called their office, explained the matter,

and got to speak with their representativ Michael Reiner on 5/4.


I think that the usual thing to do when one have to cancel a meeting,

like this duty solicitor meeting, would be to set up a new meeting

to replace the meeting that was canceled.


And I think that it's unacceptable that this wasn't even offered.


Complaint 1: I would like to complain about the EAD refusing to set up

a new duty solicitor meeting after the inital meeting was canceled (by

themselves).


2. Michael Reiner informed me on the phone when I called the EAD

company on 5/4, that EAD didn't help members of the public with

calculating if they are eligable for legal aid in (non union) employment-

cases.


I don't think that the EAD should have agreed with the CAB to meet

me in a duty solicitor meeting, to help me calculate if I was eligable

for recieveing legal-aid, if this is a work-task that EAD doesn't do.


It makes no sence that they should agree with the CAB to help me

calculate if I'm eligable for legal-aid, and then when I call them after

they have canceled the meeting, then they tell me that they don't

do this type of work-task at all.


It makes no sense that they should agree with the CAB to do a work-

task they dont do.


I don't think it's acceptable for a solicotors firm to act like this.


Complaint 2 A.: I would like to complain about the EAD solicitors

firm first agreeing to help me, and then refusing this.


Complaint 2 B: I would like to complain about the EAD agreeing

to to do a work-task they don't do (Like Reiner explained, that

they didn't help people with calculating if they are eligable for

recieving legal-aid in individual employment-cases).


3. I think the EAD should have informed me on why they canceled

the meeting.


This was not informed to me by eighter the CAB or the EAD when I

called the EAD later.


I don't remember if I asked them a direct question about this, but I

think it's a natural thing to do when one cancel a scheduled meeting

like this.


Complaint 3: I would like to complain about that the EAD didn't

inform me of the reason for why they canceled the duty solicitor

meeting on the CAB 5/4.


4. I think the EAD should have informed me about the name of the

duty solicitor that was supposed to meet me.


I asked the CAB twice about the name of the solicitor (because I

reckoned that this was my contact with EAD, so it would be very

usefull for me to know this). But the CAB couldn't tell me who

it was, even if I asked them twice. (First when I was there for

the meeting that was canceled, and secondly when I called the

CAB a bit later that day, to get the right phonenumber for the EAD).


When I called EAD later the same day, and got to speak with Reiner,

I again asked who the dury solicitor that I was supposed to meet

at the CAB was, but Reiner didn't give me the duty solicitors name.


I think that if the duty solicitor cancels the meeting, and agrees with

the CAB that I could instead call the EAD and get advice from them

over the phone, then he should leave his name with the CAB, and

tell them to give me the his name when I show up for the meeting,

so that I know who to ask for when I call the EAD.


When I called the EAD I got transfered a bit around from person

to person, before I got to speak with Reiner. I think I was speaking

with eighter two or three other people before I got to speak with

Reiner.


That one don't know who to ask for, and that one have to explain

about the case several times to several people, could maybe lead

to that one gets a bit stressed, and maybe loses a bit of the focus

that one normally would have had on the case, if one had been

transfered directly to the right person.


So I think that this also added to the general level of unproffesionalism

that it seemed to me was quite characteristic to the way the EAD (and

the CAB) handled the meeting on 5/4. So even if it sounds a bit stupid

maybe, I think I'll also add a complaint about that I wasn't given the

duty solicitors name by the EAD (eighter directly or through the CAB).


Complaint 4: I would like to complain about that the EAD didn't

inform me about the name of the duty solicitor that was supposed

to meet me, even if I asked both the EAD (Reiner) and the CAB

about this.


5. I think that the EAD shouldn't have adviced me on such a complicated

case over the phone.


The EAD only wanted to help me over the phone, and therefore a

misunderstanding happened regard what type of case it was.


Since we only discussed it over the phone, and the EAD didnt get to see

the documents that belonged to the case, and I answered that it was an

employement-case when Reiner asked me, because this was what the

police had told me that it was.


If the EAD had agreed to meet me, they would have seen that it was,

(like the Morecroft solicitor told me on 11/4), that it also was an

harassment-case.


So, because of this misunderstanding, Reiner on the phone, told me that

the case had only got a three month 'time-limit', and that since it had

passed more than three months since the last incident in the case,

Reiner said that the three month 'time-limit' for the case had 'expired',

and that there really wasn't much hope regarding getting a case like

this through the justice-system, due to the three month 'time-limit' having

expired.


But, when I told this to the solicitor from Morecrofts on 11/4, the solicitor

told me that the case was also an harassment-case, and that it therefore

had a longer 'time-limit' than three months.


I think that, if EAD had done their job properly, then they would have

read through the cases documents, and also come to the same

conclusion.


Therefore I think that it was a bit irresponsible to give advice about this

over the phone. The way Reiner explaned it, was that it wasn't really much

hope for me to get any progress on the case due to the time-limit problem,

so it sounded on him like that it wasn't really worth the bother for me to

be using more time on trying to get help with the case.


So, if they do their advice-job in this way, I think it could lead to members

of the public being given wrong information (in the same way I was given

by Reiner on 5/4), which could lead to perfectly good cases being

given up by the person contacting them for advice.


And one could also think of many other types of misunderstandings that

could happen due to them doing their duty soliciting work and

legal-advice over the phone instead of in meetings, like one would think

would be more practical when it comes to legal-cases, that I reckon often

can be quite complicated.

Complaint 5A: I would like to complain about that the EAD gave me wrong

advice on the phone on 5/4 about the 'time-limit' for the case I had agreed

to meet them about in a duty solicitor meeting at the CAB (To get help

from them to see if I was eligable to recieve legal-aid for the case).


Complaint 5B: I would like to complain about the EAD giving advice on

the phone about cases that they have initialy agreed on to advice about

in meetings. Reiner from EAD said in the phone-call on 5/4 that one

needs to know the details of the case to see if someone are eligable for

legal-aid.


I think that if he didn't know the details of the case, then he shouldn't

advice on how long 'time-limit' there is for the case eighter.


I think this was an unaceptable way for them to do their duty solicitor

job. (Which I think this must be called, since they had canceled

the duty solicitor meeting, and I think the EAD and the CAB must

have agreed on that it was ok for me to call them for advice instead,

since the CAB adviced me to do this.)


And even if one can't call it a duty solicitor job, for some reason that

I'm not aware of, then I still think it's unaceptable of them to give advice

on how long 'time-limit' there is for a case, without knowing the details

of the case.


6. If one goes to the EAD web-page on the internet, on the url:

http://www.eadsolicitors.co.uk/employment/, it says that 'EAD advices

on all aspects of employement law work for trade unions, union members

and individual workers'.


I don't think the EAD should put it on their web-site that they advice on

all aspects of employement law for individual workers, when they don't

individual workers at all, like Reiner said in the phone-call on 5/4.


He said that they only dealt with employment-cases that were trade-

union cases, and that this was the reason that they couldn't help me

with calculating if I was eligable for legal aid.


Also, the fact that they agreed with the CAB to meet me on 5/4, to

help me calculate if I was eligable for recieving legal-aid, fits with what

they write on the web-page, that they really help individual workers

with things like this.


So it's a bit unclear to me if the information on their web-page is wrong,

or if the information I was given by Reiner in the phone-call on 5/4 was

wrong.


So I think I'll complain about that I have recieved contradicting information,

and then someone who are more experts on this can hopefully have a

look at it, and try to find out what these, to me, seemingly contradicting

statements are due to.


Complaint 6: I'd like to complain about that the information on the EAD

webpage says that the EAD advices individual workers in employement

cases, whereas Mr. Reiner in the phone-call on 5/4 informed me that

EAD only gave advice about employement-cases when these cases

were trade-union cases.



Part 3


I am happy for you to deal with my complaint in writing.


I would like the following to sort out my complaint:


The most important thing to me, is to try to find a solution on how to get some

progress on the case, so that it is brought through the justice-system in an

appropriate way.


I think the complaint should be dealt with by you appropriately.


I've lost a bit of confidence in your company due to what happened on 5/4, so

I would like to see how your company deals with this complaint, before I decide

how I should go further with this.





Bloggarkiv

Populære innlegg

Om meg

Bildet mitt
Overhørte på Rimi Bjørndal, (jeg jobbet som butikksjef/leder i ti år, i mange forskjellige butikker), i 2003, at jeg var forfulgt av 'mafian', mm. Har etter dette ikke fått rettighetene mine, i mange saker. Blogger derfor om problemer med å få rettigheter, mm. Mine memoarer, (Min Bok 1-10), kan også finnes på johncons-blogg, (se: 'Etiketter'). Jeg blogger også om slektsforskning, (etter at min danskfødte mormor, som var etter adelige/kongelige, døde i 2009). Har også vært såvidt innom Høyre/Unge Høyre, i sin tid. Har også studert informasjonsbehandling/IT/Computing, (på NHI, HiO IU og University of Sunderland). Har også bakgrunn fra handel og kontor, (grunnkurs, økonomi med markedsføring og data). Er/var også i Heimevernet, (etter at jeg ble overført dit, etter førstegangstjeneste i infanteriet, (og en rep-øvelse i mob-hæren), i forbindelse med omorganiseringer, i Forsvaret, etter den kalde krigen). Blir også utsatt for mye nettmobbing, mm. johncons-blogg, (og mine memoarer og nettbutikk), er kjent fra TV-programmet Tweet4Tweet, i 2012, (selv om jeg måtte klage, for programmet var veldig useriøst/nedlatende, mm.).

Totalt antall sidevisninger

Etiketter