Ingeborg Ribsskog - Baron Adeler Malteserordenen E-post til slottet om Mette-Marit videoen Er noe galt i Martine-saken? Problemer med Grandiosa? johncons-MUSIKK johncons-REISE johncons-FOTBALL

mandag 13. oktober 2008

Nå kjenner ikke jeg Viggo så bra, men er han så god i engelsk? (In Norwegian).

I'm entering the IFBB show Atlantic City Pro Masters, Friday September 12th. If I crack the top 3 I may even compete the next day, (September 13th), in the last qualifier for the Mr. Olympia. The Atlantic City Pro Show is a two day event with many different classes/categories. They even have a Pro Masters for women, and one of my trainers here at my gym is doing that show. It's the very first time that IFBB have a pro show for women over 35. It's going to be a huge event, and I expect to meet and compete with many of my old friends!

Just got back from the Tampa pro show last weekend. It was nice to finally attend one - it's been 12 years since I last saw a pro show! It was a pretty good show, beautiful theater - but the lights were a little off and so was the judging! Exept for the number one and two spot. It could have gone either way between Toney Freeman and Dennis James. I had Toney in first and was happy that he won. He's my height and 41 years old - I just love when a tall guy can beat the short monsters. Most overlooked was the new guy Tarek competing for Germany. He placed 6th but was clearly top 3-4 in this show! Darrem Charles got a gift in his 4th place finish - I had him out of the top 5. Big Paul Baker from Ft. Lauderdale was in the shape of his life and got totally robbed by the judges, (12th.). He should have been top 6-8. As you may know I still have my IFBB judging license and can tell the difference between the athletes, plus I was sitting very close to the stage.

Anyway - was told by everybody that I was in great shape for being 5 weeks out - and most people there was sure I was part of the competition, which made me feel very good about Atlantic City. I`ve been asked to do the "OPEN" class as well as the "MASTERS" - a great compliment from judges and promotors.


http://forum.body.se/showthread.php?t=28249

(Det er kanskje ikke så lett for nordmenn å se, men er språket litt ladet?).

Jeg får kanskje skrive en post, for han Branzen, har visst hilst på Viggo i Florida, så han kan kanskje oppdatere noe om det her gigolo-greiene.

Vi får se.

Med vennlig hilsen

Erik Ribsskog

PS.

Jeg syns Viggo skriver så bra engelsk nå, litt for bra nesten(?):

Well, that's one of the hardest shows I've been in. 29 guys over 40 - and I only managed 16th. Thank's to the judges... The top 6 in the "Masters" were absolutely fantastic, and I would have needed at least 6 more months of hard training and 6 kg more muscles to get close to their standard.

The "OPEN" was even harder - sadly for Martin Kjellström, Sweden. He was the most overlooked athlete in the show! The judging outside the top-5 was very questionable! Martin was the 3rd largest man on stage - in fantastic conditioning. All he needs is a little better lat-spread (front & back) and a big smile in his face + some European judges and he'll crack the top-5. I was very impressed with Martin, but pissed off by the judging. Martin was clearly in the top-10 in my book. Tommi Thorvildsen, Norway, was a little off. He tried to come in too heavy and lost some of his famous conditioning... He also has a lot of battle-wounds, (read muscle-tears) that hampers his overall look. But he's better than me at this time, but nowhere near the look I had in 1993-94.

I came in at 114 kg - a little drawn, legs still lagging. Like I said - I needed 6 more months and 6 kg to do battle at this level... But at 47 and with limited time, I'm happy with my results.

All in all - this was a fantastic "SHOW" - Ron Goldstein, Stokley Palmer and Cynthia James did a fantastic job, and I'm glad I made my comeback at one of the toughest shows in 2008.

Both the winners, Darrem Charles in the "MASTERS" and Melvin Anthony in the "OPEN" were judged correctly in my book. Most impressive man on stage was Joel Stubbs. If he had the legs of Toney Freeman, he would be Mr. OLYMPIA! He has the biggest upper body in the world - in my book. We all joked about it back-stage. His back is larger than Ronnie Colemans was.

Viggo

PS. A couple of different shots from Atlantic City last weekend.

Bloggarkiv

Populære innlegg

Om meg

Bildet mitt
Overhørte på Rimi Bjørndal, (jeg jobbet som butikksjef/leder i ti år, i mange forskjellige butikker), i 2003, at jeg var forfulgt av 'mafian', mm. Har etter dette ikke fått rettighetene mine, i mange saker. Blogger derfor om problemer med å få rettigheter, mm. Mine memoarer, (Min Bok 1-10), kan også finnes på johncons-blogg, (se: 'Etiketter'). Jeg blogger også om slektsforskning, (etter at min danskfødte mormor, som var etter adelige/kongelige, døde i 2009). Har også vært såvidt innom Høyre/Unge Høyre, i sin tid. Har også studert informasjonsbehandling/IT/Computing, (på NHI, HiO IU og University of Sunderland). Har også bakgrunn fra handel og kontor, (grunnkurs, økonomi med markedsføring og data). Er/var også i Heimevernet, (etter at jeg ble overført dit, etter førstegangstjeneste i infanteriet, (og en rep-øvelse i mob-hæren), i forbindelse med omorganiseringer, i Forsvaret, etter den kalde krigen). Blir også utsatt for mye nettmobbing, mm. johncons-blogg, (og mine memoarer og nettbutikk), er kjent fra TV-programmet Tweet4Tweet, i 2012, (selv om jeg måtte klage, for programmet var veldig useriøst/nedlatende, mm.).

Totalt antall sidevisninger

Etiketter